Teeth Whitening in Chicago, IL
Professional whitening treatments brighten the appearance of natural teeth. This is a very popular and affordable cosmetic dentistry option, but not everyone is a good candidate. If you are interested in whitening your teeth, it is important to first consult with your Chicago dentist. You will first need to undergo a complete dental examination.
Dental Whitening Consultation
Before trying any teeth whitening services or products, first meet with your dentist. This is especially necessary if you have any of the following conditions:
- A crown, bridge, or other dental work
- Decay or cavities
- Gum infection
- Tooth sensitivity
- White spots on your teeth
- Yellow, brown, or gray discoloration
Call Ganger Family Dentistry today to schedule a teeth whitening exam and consultation.
Teeth Whitening in Chicago
If your Chicago dentist determines that you are an ideal candidate for a dental whitening treatment, you have several options to consider.
Over-The-Counter Whitening Kits: If you want to brighten your smile on your, look for OTC whitening kits with the ADA approval. Follow the instructions as directed on the package. Keep in mind; OTC whitening product requires 7 to 10 days of consistent use to achieve the optimal effect. Results vary by person.
Professional Teeth Whitening In-Office
Getting your teeth whitened by your dentist will provide faster and greater results than with OTC kits. At Ganger Family Dentistry, we offer two types of dentist-supervised teeth whitening treatments:
- In-Office Teeth Whitening: This is the most effective approach with a higher concentration of bleaching gel than store-bought whitening methods. You can achieve 5 to 10 shades whiter teeth in one office visit.
- Take-Home Whitening Kits: Dentist-supervised whitening kits designed for at-home use also contain professional-grade bleaching gel. In addition, take-home kits are easy to use. They allow you to whiten your smile at your leisure.
Once you have achieved the desired results, you can enjoy your newly whitened smile for up to 12 months. However, this all depends on the treatment used and how well you care for your brightened teeth. You can extend your results by avoiding highly-staining foods and beverages and tobacco products. Also, to keep your smile looking bright and youthful, it is important to have good oral hygiene practices every day.